Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blog Reborn - Card #3

Well I'm back from a 3 week adventure, and I have decided to return with a bang!
I'm going to give the last of the hand control cards a review, in this post, and then give another card a review immediately after. 2 reviews, 1 day... pretty good ratio.
(Lets ignore the 21 days no posts time period I just had, haha)
So what is the last card in the hand control genre?
---VOLCANIC SHELL---
What? You think this card sucks? Well then you suck...
...truth stings
ANYWAYS
This card is very good in many situations, and here is why:
If you need a turn where you need to discard multiple cards, lets say for Brionac, the ultimate hand destroyer, then just discard one of these babies. What you need to discard again!?- just pay 500 life points and thin your deck some. You can grab another,discard that one, pay 500 life points and get another.
Costs 1000 life points, yes, but you thin your deck 2 cards, get three free discards, and for such a small price.

A lot of main stream players use Upstart Goblin
And it thins your deck by one card for 1000 life points. It remains balanced though, because with upstart you could draw anything (good or bad) and instead of putting yourself closer to death, you just take your opponent farther away, which might seem like the same thing, but it really won't seem that way when your opponent attacks for 7000 and you used two volcanic shells.
XD
To be honest, I want to cut this review short because of how over due the last hand control card is, and so I have decided to just move onto my next review IMMEDIATELY!
There are a lot of strategies with this card, so I guess just find them yourself or send me a message or comment if you have an idea for something.
:)
I give this card a 7/10 for hidden potential.
NEW CARD REVIEW IN UNDER AN HOUR!
GOGOGO!

No comments:

Post a Comment